Fair-skinned by nature, the best gift to my summer has been discovering The Glow Lounge. Spray tans at The Glow Lounge are way healthier for the skin than a suntan, surprisingly simple to maintain, and actually look natural. They last 4-7 days depending on your skin. Today’s photos are from the day after a tan at Glow. I’ve been going to the Glow Lounge for a few months now and have had an amazing experience. It’s a custom airbrush spray tan with the latest in heat innovations to optimize the quality and extend the life of the tan.
The Spray Tan Process: Here’s how it works!
1. Set up an appointment in Grand Ave or Edina: 612.599.2911
2. Exfoliate & shave 24 hours before your appointment to prep and deep-cleanse your skin (or if you are a regular like me, get your prior spray tan off). I start with a sugar scrub, shave, and then finish with a natural body wash and loofah all over. After you’re dry, avoid moisturizing.
3. Wear lounge shorts like soffes and a tank, black is best. Avoid jewelry. No make-up. Bring a strapless bra. Wear flip flops. If rain is in the forecast at all, bring an umbrella. Arrive at your appointment a few minutes early so you can relax and enjoy a cup of tea, read a magazine, and maybe if you’re lucky, steal a chat with Krin. She’s amazing 🙂
4. Your tanning technician will guide you through the next part. A few things to keep in mind, keep your hair off your neck using a hair binder. They will have shower caps there too if you’d prefer that. You’ll put your feet on large stickers to avoid getting tanned under-arches because that’s just not a thing 🙂 There will be lotion in the room; apply that to your knuckles, ankles, elbows and palms. Your tanning technician will come in and tan you by airbrush, guiding you through the whole process.
5. After the tan, there is a 2-3 hour period of time in which you’ll want to be gentle with your tan. Avoid putting on undergarments if possible. Even walking out to my car after the tan, I don’t put shoes on.
6. If you go the express option route (an extra $10), you can shower to rinse of the bronzer after 5 hours, otherwise you have to wait 10 hours. After the 10 hours, I hop in the shower for a quick rinse with lukewarm water.
7. Moisturize 1-2 times daily, cover your body with shea butter, coconut oil or a very natural and simple lotion.
8. Enjoy your tan! Schedule appointments periodically or regularly to keep it up. I go in weekly to maintain mine.
If you are interested in getting started with The Glow Lounge and have any questions, just let me know!